For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You will explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
What You'll Learn ( English Language)
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- For further information, please visit: https://www.wsetglobal.com/qualifications/wset-level-1-award-in-wines/
Minimun 6 types of wines (50ml/glass)
Duration (Total Qualification Time)
6 Hours (1 day) of class time, inclusive a 45-minute exam.
Examination (English Language)
Closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions in 45minutes.
A minimum mark of 70% is required to pass.
None. You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
*Please note that the use of SkillsFuture credit is not applicable at the moment
- Tuiton Fee
- Study Materials
- Wines For Tasting
- One-Time Examination
- 4 RIEDEL crystal wine glasses worth $190
Next Course Dates & Time
7 October 2023 | Saturday | 10:00am - 6:00pm (Register by 29 September 2023)
25 November 2023 | Saturday | 10:30am - 6:00pm (Register by 17 November 2023)
27 November 2023 | Monday | 10:30am - 6:00pm (Register by 17 November 2023)
Cellarmaster Wines Tasting Room
219 Henderson Road #02-05, Singapore 159556
[...] Less More